Friday 24 July 2009

Cadbury? Crapbury more like, yeah?

Hah, I crack myself up with these witty titles. Anyway, check this load of old bollocks out:


Blergh. Awful, huh?

It's a shame really, because we all know that Cadbury can pull off some amazing adverts. However, with this televisual abomination, they've undone all that good Phil Collins/Gorilla related work (not something I thought I'd ever find myself typing) in one fell, sickly swoop.

Now, I could get into attacking the product, as I consider anyone who mixes chocolate with raisins to be a heretic, but we'll concentrate on the commercial. Not only is it attempting to give us some of that post-Boosh 'random' humour that Mr. Dave Jani discusses on this very blog, it also manages to weave in a horribly twee atmosphere at the same time.

Essentially, taking the very worst thing about Christmas - carol singers - and putting them in a park in the middle of Summer is an almost offensively lazy way of communicating 'craziness'. Carol singers simply remind me of that edgy, awkward feeling you get when you open the door to their shining faces and have to stand, embarrassed, as they reel off two numbers before you tell them you have nothing to give. They do not remind me of tasty, melty chocolate treats.

If the singing doesn't make bile rise in your throat, then surely the stupid marching-dance routine and their stupid costumes will. The fact that they "Leg it" at the end of the ad makes them look like a horde of badly disguised paedophiles realising they've been spotted by the law.

Remember kids, never take sweet off a stranger. Especially Cadbury Clusters - they've got fucking raisins in them. Gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vent